+ Reply to Thread

Default Dry Paint looks wet in areas even when dry

What can I do when the exterior of the house has been painted and the next day areas still look wet when they are dry? It looks darker than the paint as if it was stained. If I repaint the areas will this help take care of the problem? We didn't power wash the exterior because it wasn't dirty and was not chalky. However, it is getting cooler at night and at times we have been getting frost (not since we painted). We used behr premium paint with primer in it. Please any advice to help us would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house 2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	2817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1391.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	2818  

Default Re: Dry Paint looks wet in areas even when dry

Aruba,

My experience with the Behr Ultra Housepaint is that it takes several days to reach its final sheen. Cool, humid weather can slow down the curing process. I would wait awhile longer and don't panic.

Default Re: Dry Paint looks wet in areas even when dry

Aruba,

I just saw your attached photos. It does look as if the paint has "flashed" for some reason. The Behr Ultra paint is self-priming, however, this does not mean that you might have to coat the surface twice, but merely that you do not need a dedicated primer followed by a finish paint coat. I would try re-painting a section to see if the flashing disappears.

When it gets to be fall, often dew will form on the new paint over night and flashing might occur. I would often quit working earlier in cool fall weather to allow the paint to better cure before the cool,damp night. When such flashing occurs, it often flashes and shows the location of all the wall studs due to the temperature variations of heat being conducted from the house. Dew does not form on the warmer sections of wall.