+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: cats in my gardens - help!

Right on there Spructer.

the large dog on a chain isn't really necessary. All you need is a dog tall enough to see out and bark or a swimming pool.

The swimming pool hadn't been cleaned in 3 years and I had to fish a dead/drowned cat out of it once a month since we moved in because they couldn't find the steps to get out and the sides were to smooth to claw. Until we cleaned it out last summer. The neighbors next door lost all 4 of their cats that way. The last one the week before I finally got it completely emptied and power washed. Those neighbors won't ask to use the pool at all now.

Last October we got a large dog too. She keeps them out of the boys' sand box by being out there on a regular basis. Plus she can see out to the other areas where they could dig to go. I haven't seen/smelled cat litter since she moved in. Now she has gotten loose a total of 4 times to chase a few, I never saw her catch one but the rescue foundation made sure that we knew we couldn't have a cat and her.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    And what is the name signed under that tip?

Let my 15 minutes commence!
    Geez ... here we go

****ie .... where's that pin .... I know it's around here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Geez ... here we go

****ie .... where's that pin .... I know it's around here somewhere.

I'm too tired to go huntin' for a pin.

I needs rest, I tell ya.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after the war.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	866  

I like your style .... you super tramp you

Quote Originally Posted by debbysewn View Post
    the large dog on a chain isn't really necessary. All you need is a dog tall enough to see out and bark or a swimming pool.
    Don't count on that, debbie.

We have exactly one neighboring house. There is a shared fence between the two lots. They have two HUGE Rotweillers.

Our two cats love to taunt them by walking up and down that fence line whilst the dogs go nutz. No fear.....because the cats know that the dogs can't get at them. Cats figure things out pretty fast.

All of this B.S. about planting something or other , plastic bottles full of water and God knows what else is laughable . Remember that old Clint Eastwood line in " Heartbreak Ridge " ? ADAPT , IMPROVISE , OVERCOME .
    Well that's just what cat's do . There is no " touchy feely " way to deal with the little creatures . Trap and relocate or terminate with extreme prejudice . I've done it both ways and they are both 100% effective . They are a nuisance , a health hazard and the owners bear the blame for whatever happens to them . Sorry , but I don't have time for PETA friendly home remedies that usually don't work anyway .

Well .... see .... there you go .... I don't mind the feline critters wandering around my yard since they keep the more pesky ... flea bitten ... disease carrying rodents at bay.

I'll stick to my dog, that way the bunnies that live under the shed can enjoy the garden without fear. The dog doesn't mind the bunnies.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Well .... see .... there you go .... I don't mind the feline critters wandering around my yard since they keep the more pesky ... flea bitten ... disease carrying rodents at bay.
    I have a couple of Hawks that seem to take care of that . The other afternoon , I saw one of them fly past my bay window with a snake in his grasp . It flew up into a tree and had a snack . It was kinda cool to see .