+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pegboard Hooks

Default Pegboard Hooks

I've hung a piece of pegboard, 1/4" hole which are standard I believe - purchased at local Home Center, and would like to insert some hooks to hang tools (wrenches, pliers, hammers, etc). I've tried the universal hooks (1/8 - 1/4") but every time I lift the tool off the hook pops out. I've searched neighborhood stores and ******, but can't find anything 1/4" specific. Can anyone suggest an economical solution?

Thanks!

Default Re: Pegboard Hooks

That can be very annoying, pulling the tool and the hook off the wall at the same time.

I bought 1/4" hooks at my local Home Depot and right in the package, there were these little plactic things that you install after you insert the hooks. The plastic hooks span across the hook and have little barbs of their own that you insert into the hole on either side of the metal hook.

They work great and hold the metal hooks in place whenever you lift off the tool. I don't know if you can buy them separately. I've always gotten them along with the hooks that I bought.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ma2804 View Post
    I bought 1/4" hooks at my local Home Depot and right in the package, there were these little plactic things that you install after you insert the hooks. The plastic hooks span across the hook and have little barbs of their own that you insert into the hole on either side of the metal hook.

They work great and hold the metal hooks in place whenever you lift off the tool. I don't know if you can buy them separately. I've always gotten them along with the hooks that I bought.
    Zip ties would work just as well and are likely cheaper than these custom inserts. You could also splay the prong points slightly on the hook so that they grip the pegboard better. I would look at an Ace hardware for 1/4" hooks and stay away from the smaller diameter ones. Also, how old is the pegboard? if it's been used for a while, then the holes are likely hogged out a bit so that even the right sized hook won't stay in place.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Try a little hot glue. Just dab it on and push it through. Once it dries its enough to grip the board and isnt hard to get it back out.