+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Electric stove to a Gasser

Howdy DIYers,
    we are wanting to switch from an electric stove to a great deal on a gasser we found-one problem;

Our electric is a "slide-in" but the replacement gasser is full size. Know what I mean? Is this a big issue that goes beyond simply removing that piece of trim board that is a slide in deal or is there another sort of fitment Issue I should be aware of?

TIA...

Default Re: Electric stove to a Gasser

Ummmmmmm........... You are not in the rocket and science industry …………Am I right?

the cabinets are usually set at 30 inches for both slide in and free standing stoves. the counter top usually comes in just a little more at the sides and you have probally 2 1/2 - 3 inches remaining at the back and these can be cut out to make room for the free standing stove. just make sure your cuts are smooth and square because now they will show. there will be more work involved in running gas lines then in reworking the counter tops.

Jackpine savage you from michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by havanagranite View Post
    the cabinets are usually set at 30 inches for both slide in and free standing stoves. the counter top usually comes in just a little more at the sides and you have probally 2 1/2 - 3 inches remaining at the back and these can be cut out to make room for the free standing stove. just make sure your cuts are smooth and square because now they will show. there will be more work involved in running gas lines then in reworking the counter tops.

Jackpine savage you from michigan?
    Thanks for the insight havana. Nope, I'm from Wisconsin. The gas line was already there, as it turned out, and the removal and install went pretty smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by jackpine savage View Post
    Thanks for the insight havana. Nope, I'm from Wisconsin. The gas line was already there, as it turned out, and the removal and install went pretty smooth.
    Do you wear a cheese cap?

with the handle of jackpine savage I knew it had to be in that area. glad it went well

Quote Originally Posted by NEC View Post
    Do you wear a cheese cap?

Yeah der hey, and my wife has a sweet foamy-cheese cups bra! Where'd you get the family photo?

Man, what a difference cooking with gas instead of electric! The wife went a little nuts cooking yesterday, from soups to breads, and everything turned out great. Then I realized that both my grandmas cooked with gas. Something to this.

Yeah der hey, and my wife has a sweet foamy-cheese cups bra! Where'd you get the family photo?
    LOL .......... jackpine savage ........welcome to the forum
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Hey jackpine,

You have a great sense of humor and can take a ribbing. Good man I am sure.

Wish I cooked with gas.

Enjoy! Glad it worked out.

jackpine savage ........welcome to the forum

NEC you sure do have gas but it's not for cooking but a match could cause an awful explosion.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb