+ Reply to Thread

Question building a kitchen island

I would like to build a kitchen island. 40in high (including 2to 3 in legsx 7ft longx 2ft wide with three doors. nothing fancy I looked in how to books at Home Depot and I found nothing. I went on the computers do it yourself sites but they give you one picture of an island, to see more you have to pay to see more. I don't know if it comes with step by step instructions on how to build it.

HELP PLEASE My house is over 100 yrs old, I have no cabinets and I want to put my pots and pans away. I can only afford to do it myself. Thank you Nanette

Default Re: building a kitchen island

Go to the book store and look for a book on cabinet making. Even if you don't find exactly how to build an island, you can extrapolate from general cabinetry techniques on what to do. An island is no different from any other cabinet in the house, it just doesn't live against a wall.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

thank you. that was a good idea.

Why 40" high? Typical kitchen countertop height is approximately 36" high. If you would stick to 36" height you could purchase cabinetry from a home center and apply a plywood back or place additional cabinets back to back to create an island. Home centers will do drawings for these type of applications if asked.

Try looking on the web,you can even check your local library for books,

http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how...and/index.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=how+t...rch&hl=en&sa=2
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content