+ Reply to Thread

Default Looking for This Old House TV fans born in 1979

A note from TOH Assoc. Editor, Keith Pandolfi:

Are you a diehard This Old House fan who just happened to be born in 1979, the year the show debuted? If so, we’d like you to share some of your fondest memories of growing up with the guys—from Bob Vila to Kevin O’Connor—and tell us why you still find time to catch the show today.

Tell us and you could be included in a This Old House magazine feature celebrating the show’s 30th anniversary. Maybe you remember watching This Old House with your weekend-project-obsessed pop; or perhaps you were so obsessed with the show that you ended up forging a career as a contractor or carpenter. Even if you just try and emulate Norm’s style by maintaining a closet full of flannel, we want you to tell us why the show first appealed to you, how it influenced you; and why, after three decades, it still matters.

Send your responses to me directly at keith_pandolfi@timeinc.com

Default Re: Looking for This Old House TV fans born in 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    A note from TOH Assoc. Editor, Keith Pandolfi:

Are you a diehard This Old House fan who just happened to be born in 1979, the year the show debuted? If so, we’d like you to share some of your fondest memories of growing up with the guys—from Bob Vila to Kevin O’Connor—and tell us why you still find time to catch the show today.

Tell us and you could be included in a This Old House magazine feature celebrating the show’s 30th anniversary. Maybe you remember watching This Old House with your weekend-project-obsessed pop; or perhaps you were so obsessed with the show that you ended up forging a career as a contractor or carpenter. Even if you just try and emulate Norm’s style by maintaining a closet full of flannel, we want you to tell us why the show first appealed to you, how it influenced you; and why, after three decades, it still matters.

Send your responses to me directly at keith_pandolfi@timeinc.com
    This is an interesting concept and idea but I see one major problem. Anyone born in '79 will have little to no memory of the Vila years. Sure they may have seen reruns, but that's not really keeping with the "growing up with" theme."

I think all the questions asked at the end of the original post are valid for anyone, not just those born in '79. Lose the year restriction and the upcoming article (I'm assuming that's the goal) will be as good or better.