+ Reply to Thread

Default Removing lime scale from CI pipes

I need to remove lime scale that is starting to plug my water supply pipe going from my city water connection to my house. Is there a product to remove it without replacing it? It is about 40 feet, and is not feasible to use a liquid product (like Limeaway). Neighbor used 2 ga. copper cable, but wasn't very succsessful.

Default Re: Removing lime scale from CI pipes

oh my lord!! dont ever put any chemicals into your potable water suppy you are endangering the life of your family and your neighbors a neg pressure drop in the line and bam you just poisoned your whole block!! your service line in probably galvinized steel and needs to be re piped or just live with it the way it is!!

Replace.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by djrenek1 View Post
    oh my lord!! dont ever put any chemicals into your potable water suppy you are endangering the life of your family and your neighbors a neg pressure drop in the line and bam you just poisoned your whole block!! your service line in probably galvinized steel and needs to be re piped or just live with it the way it is!!
    I would never do that! neighbor tried to spray it into his line, but I told him the same thing.
    I thought maybe there was like a pipe snake or similar product to use