+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Design guides

Question Design guides

Are there any design guides for where to place to toilet paper holder. We stripped the wallpaper from our powder room. After patching and painting the walls, we are trying to decide on where to hang the TP holder. There is no wall to the right, the wall to the left is a little close.

Suggestions/ideas?

Thanks,

Ian
    Thanks,
    Ian S. Lindsay

Default Re: Design guides

There is no steadfast rule of where to hang the TP holder. A good rule of thumb is wherever it is within easy reach. I've had requests to hang it above a vanity behind the toilet and the wall behind the toilet. I've installed them on the wall facing the toilet. Basically, wherever works best for your situation is what needs to be done. You could even mount it on the back of a cabinet door if there's one handy.

I've seen what jkirk suggests too.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Where was it before? You could always put it back where it was. Do you have enough floor space to have a standing tp holder. After two bath remodels in my house I couldn't bring myself to put more holes in the walls to hang the tp. I use a standing holder in one and a raised basket in the other.

At first blush this seems like an odd question. I, however, have agonized over the same decision. It must be the engineer in me. I actually spent more time on that question during a remodel than the whole rest of the bathroom design. My personal preference is across. But if that requires bending forward much or, God forbid, removing ones derriere from the seat then I'd settle for to the right within easy reach, but then I'm right handed.

They also sell these nifty stands for holding TP. You can place them anywhere to find that 'sweet spot.'

I have recently join this site and this is nice idea for providing us information about Design guides. Would you mind to let us know more about this? Thanks!