+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy New siding being gnawed, please help!

Hi - I could really use some advice. I live in Missouri. My house had defective Masonite siding on it that was rotting off the house. Nothing had ever gnawed on it though. We just replaced our siding with James Hardie Siding (cement fiber) a few months ago. Something is gnawing the bottom few boards of our siding (especially the very bottom one) ALL THE WAY AROUND MY HOUSE. I'm about to lose my mind. We had a company come out, trapped squirrels, rabbits, etc. Nothing works. This stuff is supposed to be indestructible but my house appears to now be a giant chew toy. What can I do?

Frustrated in Missouri

Default Re: New siding being gnawed, please help!

Hi Frustrated in Missouri,

We are sorry to hear about your siding issue and would like to help. Feel free to contact Rich Klein at rich.klein@jameshardie.com or (909) 356-6315 to discuss your issue and see if we can find a solution to eliminate your siding as being anotherís snack. Also connect with us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/jameshardieBP or Twitter @James_Hardie for updates on whatís new with James Hardie.

Now thats what I call service.........***

Could it possible be badgers or woodchucks that are knawing on your nice siding? They are very destructive critters, and will chew on anything, or dig under anything in sight.

Just one more thought.......Try setting up a still camera, if you can borriow one from a friend, like hunters have in the woods during hunting season. If it is some critter, the camera will get a shot of it. No other suggestions other than I hope the critter loses all his (her) teeth from knawing the cement board.

Good luck.

Very informative post. Iíve found your blog via Bing and Iím really glad about the information you provide in your posts. Btw your sites layout is really messed up on the Kmelon browser. Would be cool if you could fix that. Anyhow keep up the good work!