+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Unhappy water wont drain from dishwasher even after replacing w/new dishwasher & disposal

old dishwasher was a 6 yrs old frigidaire. it stopped draining and collected water inside until it leaked out the front door. figured it was clogged in disposal, hose, or faulty pump. i replaced disposal with a brand new unit since it was pretty old, checked drain hose from the dishwasher, and after speaking with other people, had suggested possibly a faulty dishwasher pump which i replaced. after all that trouble, it still wouldnt drain. i gave up and bought a brand new dishwasher after all that trouble. i used the brand new dishwasher today and it still wont drain and water collects on the bottom of the dishwasher!!!!! what gives? please help! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 859-816-6295

Default Re: water wont drain from dishwasher even after replacing w/new dishwasher & disposal

Did you make sure that the knock out plug was removed in the garbage disposal for the dishwasher connection when you installed the new disposal?
    Last edited by Blake; 08-26-2009 at 08:36 AM.
    Slow The Flow

Default Re: water wont drain from dishwasher even after replacing w/new dishwasher & disposal

Howdy is the dishwasher drained into the disposal or to the waste pipe? Have you checked to see if there is a blockage in the plumbing? Did you replace the hose from the dishwasher when replacing the dishwasher- hose could be blocked.

or... your water pipe (into which the output drains) may be clogged, possibly requiring a roto cleaning.

we could all pool our available resource and make everything work all at the same time