+ Reply to Thread

Question How to fix a broken drain stopper?

Hey All,

I watched the video on how to fix a broken drain stopper but the only problem is when I went removed the trip lever and the brass waste-and-overflow was not there. Now may i also add that I am house-sitting for a friend and I'm not sure if I might have broke this piece or if there was a lack in communication and I was never told about this problem. In any event, I'm not a plumber, so I don't have the necessary tool (flexible retriever). I'm also at the mercy of the house I'm staying in when it comes to tools, so they are limited. My questions are, is there another way i can get to the brass waste-and-overflow. The second part of my question is since this is not my house should I just call a plumber and have him fix this or is this something I can do on my own. Any responses would help, thanks
    Last edited by slider9459; 08-24-2009 at 03:20 AM.

Default Re: How to fix a broken drain stopper?

Sorry, but your description of what is missing is unclear. The brass waste and overflow is a pipe. If you are referring to the linkage and stop you can sometimes fish them out with a wire with a hook on the end and sometimes requires pulling the trap. Some stoppers do not have either the link or the stop. Pictures would help.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb