+ Reply to Thread

Default Pocket Door Stop/Lock

I have installed two pocket doors in my cabin and am searching for a fabulous locking device I ran into at my most recent stay in a hotel. Most of you may know that the local box stores sell a closer that mounts on the end of the door and is supposed to lock when twisted. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well.

The devise I saw was mounted flush at the other end of the door when the door is fully closed. It appears to be on a swivel and you simply push down on it and the upper part then sticks out against the jamb, preventing someone from opening the door. It is about 3" high by 1" wide and resembles the same type of closer that would allow you to slide the door closed at the other end.

Anyone seen this and know where it is manufactured or who sells it?

Thanks!!
    AJ

Wink Re: Pocket Door Stop/Lock

Check with Vandykes.com, they have a large assortment of hardware and locks.

Calcats

Default Re: Pocket Door Stop/Lock

I have continued to search everywhere and no company seems to have this item. I saw it in use, it's got to be somewhere!
    AJ

Default Re: Pocket Door Stop/Lock

Hello....I'm not sure exactly what the piece is that you mean, but try searching here on Kilian Hardware. They have a ton of restoration parts for sale.

http://www.kilianhardware.com/index.html

If you can't find it, call their # & explain what you're looking for. They can likely steer you in the right direction.

Good luck!!
    The true Craftsman is nearly extinct,
    now it's just Made in China Hidden Content