+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lamppost Do It Yourself Question

In your article, you discuss installing a Lamppost.

In reading the article, I fell in love with the lamppost light you used in the main photo of the article.

Where can I find it? Whom manufactures it?

Thank you !

Michael

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/how-...31708,00.html#

Default Re: Lamppost Do It Yourself Question

You might try either Kitchler or the Seagull lighting web sites.

Neither of these had the lamp post top I so desired in the picture. Other retailers?

Well, first off understand that I am not part of TOH. I am an electrical project manager sitting in Denver, CO. However, I do purchase lighting almost daily.

I have a spreadsheet set up because most fixtures I buy need to be purchased through a local rep and keeping track of who reps what can keep one pulling their hair out.

Anyway, my point in all of this is that I have 483 separate manufacturers listed on that spreadsheet. Finding an exact match for the fixture in the photo could turn into a rather daunting task!

There are some web based lighting fixture sellers who sell a variety of different manufacturers fixtures........ Maybe just start Googling around.

Oh, "American Lantern", I think they have a pretty good variety of exterior fixtures.

Although proper due dilligence has been applied, googling around and visit various home builder stores, I have yet to find this very attractive lamp post.

(!)

I'm continuing to look.

Okay, I feel your pain. Tell ya what, I was able to save the photo. I'll email it to a couple of my lighting quotes folks and see if they come up with a match.

No guarantees but hey, I like a good mystery........ Ahha! Jo, I bet she would know!

I'll post back if I hear anything.

Thank you very much for having done that. I also like the needle in the haystack approach. It's my first house, and the Covenants and Restrictions indicate I must have a lamp post.

Knowing very little of such things myself, I came to TOH for guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Promethyl View Post
    Thank you very much for having done that. I also like the needle in the haystack approach. It's my first house, and the Covenants and Restrictions indicate I must have a lamp post.

Knowing very little of such things myself, I came to TOH for guidance.
    Unless you're governed by a community association, don't put much weight in the CC&R's. Basically, the builder puts them in place and it's up to the residents to maintain and uphold them. Associations demand it, your typical neighborhood does not.

Sprucester!!! You party pooper! We are looking for a post top light fixture in this thread. You could help ya know!

Hey Pro,

Check the link,

http://www.lightinguniverse.com/prod...spx?sku=770233

It's one of those things. Everyone on my block has one, and they're starting to ask questions. At it's relatively low cost, I'd just presume find one I love and get one.