+ Reply to Thread

Default water on floor from a/c

i have a problem with the water leaking off of the drip pan under the a/coil, i have had the coil cleaned, that helped for a while now itys back again. the first year in our home it was fine, the second year it started leaking. i put a pan on top of the blower to catch the water and put a drain in the pan to ;let the water into the drain line. now its doing it again! What can i do about this any help is welcome! THANKS ROY

Default Re: water on floor from a/c

Have you checked that the condensate line isn't plugged with insulation or bugs or something? It's quite common for this to occur.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

yes its clear

Did you actually check the drain to see if it's clear?? Try shutting the unit off and pouring water into the pan, if it drains fast it's clear. If it's partially clogged and draining slowly what could be happening is the pan fills and the blower could be pulling or pushing the water out of the pan and splashing it inside the unit. If this is happening the water in the pan will be 1/4 from full. The force of the air moving over the drain pan will do this, I've seen it a couple of times. You shut the unit off and it slowly drains and looks OK, it has to drain fast. Also if you have a P-trap make sure it's full. Good Luck!!!

thanks i'll try that!

i tried the drain it drains as fast as you pour the water in, anything else thanks

There is a 3/4" male adapter the screws into the side of the drain pan and then the PVC piping begins. If the pan is plastic it could be cracked or broken around the female thread or in this area, very common and sometimes it's not the easiest thing to find. I don't know how old your Unit is but if it has some years on it and the pan is metal it could be rusted. Good Luck!!!