+ Reply to Thread

Default Private Gas well

Hello, I have a private gas well on my property, worked fine for about 4 years, now it has started to shut down, but comes back on after about a week, the line from the well head to the house is fine, just nothing at the well head, I once pumped air down the well head "After shutting the line to the house off", it came back on, but later shut down again ( I was later told not to pump air in the line, something about blowing something up ). Can't find anybody around here that works on gas wells, Any help would be greatly appreciated......Don ..Ohio

Default Re: Private Gas well

Don,
    Air contains oxygen, oxygen and natural gas equals fire and explosion. It may be possible to inject something else such as a liquid but you may just be at the end of the well life cycle.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Private Gas well

You need to get the brine (salt water) out of the well. If the well has a water tank than there should be a automatic dump valve that will draw the water out into the tank. If not you will need to call in a service.