+ Reply to Thread

Default Drop In sink not sitting flat

[B]I have a 22x25 single sink with vanity. I have purchased two "off the shelf" sinks that fit perfectly but returned, so I know its not the vanity. I then ordered another sink, which cost alot more, waited 2 weeks, and when it is set on top of the vanity, it doesn't sit flat. I would guess maybe 1/8 inch? Can this just be leveled and secured with a shim underneath when its installed OR am I going to have to send it back?? This is so frustrating!! Any comments would be appreciated.

Default Re: Drop In sink not sitting flat

It really should sit flat. Ceramic sinks can warp slightly when kiln fired, but it's strange that two sinks had the same problem. What are the materials of the countertop and sink?

The brand is Stonehouse Granite. It's a vanity top with sink built in. The top 1/8" is granite and then solid surface composite. To clarify the two other vanity tops with sinks that I bought "off the shelf" fit perfectly and laid flat. This new one, Stonehouse, does not. Thanks. Any more thoughts?

Ok, I get it now, the two cheap sinks sat great, now the fancy expensive one is warped. That's just bad luck. If it were me I'd order a replacement. The company should pay for the return shipping due to the defective merchandise.
    If it's a drop-in style you can put it in and shim it between the lip of the sink and the counter, perhaps with plastic toilet leveling shims, and it will work fine. You'll need to cover up the 1/8 inch gap with caulk, which may have an unsightly inconsistent line around the perimeter.
    Just depends on if you can live with "less than perfect".
    This is an example of the downside of internet shopping.
    Next time you shop for products on-line, find what you want and print out the page and take it to a local business and chances are they'll order it for you and match the price. Then you can just take it back to the store if there's any problem.
    It's not too late to do that with this sink - ship the defective one back to the internet company yourself, and buy the next one from a local business.

Thank you! I appreciate the information. I did buy locally. It was purchased at Lowes, and they had to order it and have it shipped in. Looking at the bottom of it, I guess its possible to have one corner on the underside of the vanity top "shaved" down a bit. It looks like a molded concrete as its base. Putting out a good product sometimes seems like a thing of the past, and we won't even talk abt customer service.... (-: