+ Reply to Thread

Default pocket door track problem

Hello !
    I have a problem and a tricky situation. I need to change out tracks in some pocket doors,and there is wall paper on both sides of each door. I am stumped on how to make this repair
    Any suggestions
    Thanks
    Carp. Pat

Default Re: pocket door track problem

There's only one way to get to the track in a pocket door, and that's through the wall. I'd choose the smallest wall side to work from and either replace the wall paper in that room OR just texture and paint the door wall a complimentary color to the wallpaper.

Tracks don't generally go bad. What is the issue you're having that you need to replace the track? Are you sure that replacing the door rollers wouldn't work?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Dear A Spruce

Thanks for the reply. I usually make the repair by going throught
    the wall,and I wish that it was just the rollers but some how the tracks have been bent and not able to be fixed.I found a company on the Central Coast California and I live in southern Califorina so I hope they will share there method of repairing
    pocket door tracks with me. They say they can do it with out
    cutting wall! I'm waiting to hear from them.

Thanks Again
    Carp Pat

Good luck. Let us know how it goes with the repair and the company you found.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Question Re: pocket door track problem

the roller on the back half of the door came off of the bolt,which is attached to the door. The roller is still on the track and moves fine. How do i fix the problem w/o taking the wall out?

Quote Originally Posted by dcay3 View Post
    the roller on the back half of the door came off of the bolt,which is attached to the door. The roller is still on the track and moves fine. How do i fix the problem w/o taking the wall out?
    Remove the trim stop on the pocket side of the jamb and the door can be removed. From there, fish out the roller, reattach to the door. Reset the door and reinstall the trim stops and you're good.

Smile Re: pocket door track problem (PROBLEM SOLVED)

thank you for your response on my question, i read it and right away i went to work on my door. My door was a challenge @ first, but when i got more involed it went pretty easy, the door took about a half hour, forty-five mins.

thanks again dcay3

Glad things worked out for you. Thank you for reporting back.