+ Reply to Thread

Default tubing run in studs

I am building a new house. I have two questions. can you plumb all of the tubing in the wall. I will be using closed and open cell foam in my walls. Will this be enough insulation or should i try and wrap all of the tubing. The units I am installing are Sanyo. How do you measure tubing if your going to run them in the studs. thanks
    Last edited by jplavoie; 08-10-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: tubing run in studs

You can but I wouldn't, if you hang a picture and pierce the line you will have big problems, or if it gets pierced when they hang the sheatrock. If that did happen you would have to rerun another line set or break into the wall and fix the leak. The safest way is to run it up the outside wall, they have something called Slimduct that goes over the lineset and looks great. Good Luck!!!

The problem I have is the position of the lines. If i run them in the studs they will be a 2x10" sub flooring. If I do run in on an outside wall, will the spray foam be enough insulation to stop condensation. I really appreciate your help!!!

Linesets usually come insulated so you should be all set with that, you can't get Linesets from an HVAC Supply House unless your in the Business, maybe Home Depot??? Make sure you get the right type of copper, there's three types, and make sure it's purged with Nitrogen. How are you going to charge these, you have to have CFC Certification in order to buy and use Refrigerants. You might want to get someone that knows what he's doing so you don't screw anything up. Good Luck!!!