+ Reply to Thread

Default What's on your must-do list in the fall?

What do you like to do around the house in November (perhaps in prep for Thanksgiving)? Your answer may get featured in our issue (along with your name and possibly your photo). Please ask friends and family to send suggestions too. Thanks!!

Default Re: What's on your must-do list in the fall?

My must do for this fall is to have several structural beams replaced in the basement. Sill replacement as well along the front and southern side of the home. There may even be a surprise corner post needing attention. Additionally, I need to install a vent fan for our main bathroom to alleviate the humidity. I'd also like to have at least two of the five fireplaces get a pellet stove before winter hits saving on our oil heating bill. With that said, I'm planing on having all five fireplaces being inspected. This fall will also see a radon mitigation system installed as well as treating for powder post beetles. And of course the yard needs the annual raking... constantly this time of year.

I suppose that's it in the short term. Long term plans will require pages

Default Re: What's on your must-do list in the fall?

"This fall will also see a radon mitigation system installed as well as treating for powder post beetles. And of course the yard needs the annual raking... constantly this time of year. " Interesting task this fall.