+ Reply to Thread

Default Garage plugs stopped working checked all still broke help

I came home on day and my dog had jumped up and tore the AC adapter wire from the wall to my sprinkler system box. The wires was hanging there and none of the two plugs in the garage worked. I replaced the breaker with two that worked to test. I tested the receptacles with ones that I knew worked. Tested them also and they worked. Wiring is all connected, no burn marks etc.. Nothing works.. One of the plugs has 2 sets of white and black wires and ground going into it while the other has one set of white and black with ground. Really wish I could get this running as I need these plugs badly to replace my GF engine.

Default Re: Garage plugs stopped working checked all still broke help

your garage wall outlets should be protected by a physical gfi outlet or circuit breaker. The outlet should be located in your basement or attic or outside.I assume it is not in the garage. It will have a reset button on it. Reset it. Your sprinkler clock should not be on a gfi circuit,it should be a single outlet dedicated circuit. As you found out if the gfi trips,no sprinkler.(this will always happen on the first day of your two week summer vacation)

Default Re: Garage plugs stopped working checked all still broke help

Other places to look for a GFCI would be bathrooms, laundry room, and kitchen, as well as any exterior location including the garage.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!