Can anyone give me some ideas as to the design/remodel of a deck/patio combo?

I live in a 3-story townhouse. The main floor goes out onto the deck from the kitchen. The basement floor goes out onto the patio from the family room. Therefore, the deck is right above the patio. I currently have a deck with steps that go down to the patio. However, the steps block the view from the patio. I have other townhouses on either side of me and would like some privacy. There is also a short sidewalk beside the patio with 3 steps that goes out onto my gravel driveway. Beside the steps are flower beds encased in flagstone which is what is currently on the floor of the patio. I want to replace these as well because I get snakes and rodents that like to hide in the nooks and cranny's of the stacked flagstone.

I would like to have a new deck built using the composite decking, steps from the deck to the patio, remove all of the flagstone and replace it with brick pavers for the patio as well as pavers to encase the flower beds. I would also like a small, skinny storage shed incorporated on the patio to house a push mower and gardeing tools. I just can't figure out how to design it so the steps do not block the view from the patio. It's also a small space width-wise to work with. Does anyone have any ideas?