+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Lamppost Do It Yourself Question

In your article, you discuss installing a Lamppost.

In reading the article, I fell in love with the lamppost light you used in the main photo of the article.

Where can I find it? Whom manufactures it?

Thank you !

Michael

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/how-...31708,00.html#

Default Re: Lamppost Do It Yourself Question

You might try either Kitchler or the Seagull lighting web sites.

Neither of these had the lamp post top I so desired in the picture. Other retailers?

Well, first off understand that I am not part of TOH. I am an electrical project manager sitting in Denver, CO. However, I do purchase lighting almost daily.

I have a spreadsheet set up because most fixtures I buy need to be purchased through a local rep and keeping track of who reps what can keep one pulling their hair out.

Anyway, my point in all of this is that I have 483 separate manufacturers listed on that spreadsheet. Finding an exact match for the fixture in the photo could turn into a rather daunting task!

There are some web based lighting fixture sellers who sell a variety of different manufacturers fixtures........ Maybe just start Googling around.

Oh, "American Lantern", I think they have a pretty good variety of exterior fixtures.

Although proper due dilligence has been applied, googling around and visit various home builder stores, I have yet to find this very attractive lamp post.

(!)

I'm continuing to look.

Okay, I feel your pain. Tell ya what, I was able to save the photo. I'll email it to a couple of my lighting quotes folks and see if they come up with a match.

No guarantees but hey, I like a good mystery........ Ahha! Jo, I bet she would know!

I'll post back if I hear anything.

Thank you very much for having done that. I also like the needle in the haystack approach. It's my first house, and the Covenants and Restrictions indicate I must have a lamp post.

Knowing very little of such things myself, I came to TOH for guidance.