+ Reply to Thread

Default Wiring instulation for ceiling fan/light

I am installing (2) ceiling fans with lights on same circuit. I need to control both the fans and lights independently at (2) two locations within a room (3 way switches).

To make clearer (....I hope): Both lights on 1 circuit both fans on another circuit with (2) switches at (2) locations.

I have installed one 12-3 wire from switch location #1 to fan/light #1.
    I have installed one 12-3 wire from switch location #2 to fan/light #2.
    I have installed one 12-2 wire from switch #1 location to switch #2 location.

I have not installed any wiring between the (2) two light/fan locations. What other wiring do I have to install?

Thank you.

Default Re: Wiring instulation for ceiling fan/light

2 questions: Where is the power source - in a switch box or a ceiling box? Ceiling fans usually have dimmer switches to control fan speed and light brightness. It sounds like you are going to forego both. Is that what you really want - especially the fan speed?

Default Re: Wiring instulation for ceiling fan/light

The power would be supplied at either switch location. I had'nt considered fan speed that is a good question I will have to ponder furthur (In other words, I'll ask the wife... ). Yes I will want to control both light intensity and fan speed at (1) one of the switch locations. Thank you so much for any advice.