+ Reply to Thread

Default wood floor in bath

I'm restoring an old house and currently we are adding a bath to the second story. I'm thinking of putting solid maple flooring in the main part of the bath and tile in the shower only.

I've heard that wood flooring will work fine in the bath if you use
    "sweat less" fixtures.

Any thoughts on a wood floor in a bath?
    Thanks-K

Default Re: wood floor in bath

I would'nt recommend it, had it in mine and the toilet backed up and ruined the floor, i would recommend tile with schluder membrane under it so that if you have an issue with water it won't end up down stairs.
    HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL!

Oklahoma City, OK

Default Re: wood floor in bath

I've used it in a number of 1/2 bathrooms and kitchens without problems, however I'd be reticent to install it in a full bath where water on the floor is almost assured, even if it's adult use only. water drips on the surface aren't going to hurt anything, it's splashes from the shower/tub where a larger quantity can pool or travel to seams and edges and cause damage to the flooring as well as mold underneath if the water is able to penetrate there.

You mentioned "tile in the shower". Is this to say that the shower area is separate from the rest of the bathroom and would have tile on the floor outside of the shower? If this is the case, then the concerns expressed above are less troublesome.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!