+ Reply to Thread

Default Painting Driveway

Hi
    I have an old driveway discolored etc.
    Had a new driveway put in 8 years ago and it is a different color, different finish so I don't think stain would work.
    I am looking at painting with 1 part epoxy from Behr.

Any advise or reviews would be appreciated

Wink Re: Painting Driveway

Painted concrete becomes slippery when wet. I would check into an industrial cleaner and high pressure washer for the old concrete and then try a sealer to bring both concretes closer in color.

Calcats

Default Re: Painting Driveway

Painting concrete will never last very long because of moisture. You need to seal the concrete to keep moisture from causing paint of epoxy from peeling off. What part of the country do you live in.

I would not coat the driveway with the epoxy you spoke of. Look into concrete stains if you want to color the driveway.

Other posts are good advice.

Default Painting Driveway

I really want to do this to my stock 94 accord EX wheels, but I dont wanna pay for a professional powdercoating job. Any one have a DIY on this? What kind of paint, clear coat, primer etc...

Also when painting them, do you have to take off the wheels from the rubber and after paint remount them? Or can you just tape off the tires? Any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by SvetaCemament View Post
    I really want to do this to my stock 94 accord EX wheels, but I dont wanna pay for a professional powdercoating job. Any one have a DIY on this? What kind of paint, clear coat, primer etc...

Also when painting them, do you have to take off the wheels from the rubber and after paint remount them? Or can you just tape off the tires? Any help would be appreciated
    Your best bet is to powder coat the rims, merely applying paint to the surface won't hold up to the abuse of having new tires put on, the installation of wheel balancing weights, etc. Bare rims will be the easiest to work with.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Pressure washing with a high power pressure washer works for most paints with exception to some of the stronger paints such as epoxies. Of course, this method is only recommended on exterior surfaces.

Shotblasting will strip concrete of most coatings as well as the surface of the concrete itself. If you don't want to alter or damage the concrete surface then don't use a shotblaster. This machine is like a sandblaster, but shoots tiny metal beads which can easily be recollected as you go. A vacuum is attached to the machine to suck up the dust and debris. A shotblaster will also create a nice profile for any future coatings or toppings. But you must be careful and move along at a steady pace or you will strip too much of the concrete itself. The problem is these machines are hard to find and expensive to rent.