+ Reply to Thread

Default squealing shower head

every time I take a shower the head will squeal for about 2 minutes. It only does it with hot water. It has been doing this ever since I replaced my shower head. The handheld shower wand doesn't squeal when I use it. It is just the shower head. After about 2 minutes it will quit. I have a video of the squealing shower head but I couldn't post it on here. please help.

Default Re: squealing shower head

It's generally a flow/pressure thing. Remove the "low flow" restrictor from the shower head and the squeal will likely go away. You can also enlarge the hole slightly which will probably take care of it too.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

thanks. I removed the low flow restrictor and now no squeal. thanks for the great info. now 3 months of squealing is now being washed down the drain.

Now you can cut your showering time in half ...

Try enlarging the hole in the restrictor slightly, that way you still have a "low flow" head and save water without the annoying whistle.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!