+ Reply to Thread

Default Y connector for outside spigots

I have 2 outside spigots in my garage. One is hot and the other is cold. Nobody seems to know what I need to connect the spigots to my garden hose so I can get a mixture of hot and cold.

I needc a Y connector. I saw an upside down V connector but how do I find what I need to get warm water from two separate spigots. The spigots are right next to each other. Thanks.

Default Re: Y connector for outside spigots

I don't think there is any "adapter" made for this, which means coming up with something on your own. I would fashion something out of PVC because it's the easiest and cheapest to work with. you can get male and female hose connectors for it, so get creative and build one.

This is all you'll need:

2- female hose ends
    1 male hose end
    2 elbows
    1 Tee
    a couple feet of PVC pipe
    glue
    hacksaw/PVC cutter

You could also use brass fittings and vinyl tubing and hose clamps. Just depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I have one I got over 10 years ago from my local hardware store. I think I found it next to the washing machine hoses.

Here's one:
    http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51...se-608323.aspx

Here's another:
    http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com...89.html?ref=42
    Last edited by Fencepost; 07-21-2009 at 02:01 AM.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Yep... Fencepost is correct. You can purchase these. I have one I just purchased a couple of weeks ago and found it at Home Depot next to the washer hoses.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
    Make sure you have a check valve in each line before the wye. Otherwise you will have water flow between the hot and cold.
    How would this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by chipchop View Post
    I have 2 outside spigots in my garage. One is hot and the other is cold. Nobody seems to know what I need to connect the spigots to my garden hose so I can get a mixture of hot and cold.

I needc a Y connector. I saw an upside down V connector but how do I find what I need to get warm water from two separate spigots. The spigots are right next to each other. Thanks.
    These are pretty cool to use!!!