+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Old toilet flange bolts

Old Tom,
    In the link that I posted they mention a repair strap that you can pick up at most hardware and big box stores. I f bolt breaks off cut out a section of the flange and use one of those straps to hold the new bolt and slip it under the remaining flange.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks, I just picked up a couple of those yesterday to keep handy.
    Tom

How old are the bolts? If the bolts are too long, you can use a reciprocating saw or a hacksaw to cut off the excess.If they are not long enough it might behoove you to use marine plywood under the toilet for stabilization and install the right size.

Ive dealt with this issue quite often. whenever i come across an old bolt setup i install a quick set flange the slides into the 4" cast pipe expand the set screws anchor it to the concrete and problem solved you now have a new flange to secure your toilet to. this can also be used when you come across broken cast flanges

Thanks, I try to keep a supply of just in case parts with me for such jobs, so I'll look for one to add to my collection.