+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Old toilet flange bolts

As a general handyman I sometimes find old style toilet flanges that just have bolts sticking up rather than slots to place new ones in. How can these bolts be replaced if needed? Should they unscrew with vise grips and replace with lag style bolts? I've been afraid to try!

Default Re: Old toilet flange bolts

Thanks for the offer. Fortunately the last one I was able to reuse the old ones, but the same house has two more toilets to go, possibly some time in the next few weeks!

Thanks again, I'll add that site to my resources.

Old Tom,
    You might want to check this out http://www.handymanclub.com/Projects....aspx?id=25078
    Especially the broken flange section.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Angry Re: Old toilet flange bolts

baghdadplumber,

I have reported your post as spam, this is a free advice forum and I would think that someone charging nearly $120/hr for phone advice should be able to contact Time Inc. and pay for an add instead of violating forum rules.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks for the web site tip, I appreciate any advice I can find.

Ive dealt with this issue quite often. whenever i come across an old bolt setup i install a quick set flange the slides into the 4" cast pipe expand the set screws anchor it to the concrete and problem solved you now have a new flange to secure your toilet to. this can also be used when you come across broken cast flanges

Thanks, I try to keep a supply of just in case parts with me for such jobs, so I'll look for one to add to my collection.