+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Old toilet flange bolts

As a general handyman I sometimes find old style toilet flanges that just have bolts sticking up rather than slots to place new ones in. How can these bolts be replaced if needed? Should they unscrew with vise grips and replace with lag style bolts? I've been afraid to try!

Default Re: Old toilet flange bolts

Thanks for the offer. Fortunately the last one I was able to reuse the old ones, but the same house has two more toilets to go, possibly some time in the next few weeks!

Thanks again, I'll add that site to my resources.

Old Tom,
    You might want to check this out http://www.handymanclub.com/Projects....aspx?id=25078
    Especially the broken flange section.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Angry Re: Old toilet flange bolts

baghdadplumber,

I have reported your post as spam, this is a free advice forum and I would think that someone charging nearly $120/hr for phone advice should be able to contact Time Inc. and pay for an add instead of violating forum rules.
    Jack

Thanks for the web site tip, I appreciate any advice I can find.

I didn't say there is anything wrong with your idea, however it is a violation of the terms of use for this forum to wit -
    7.Prohibited User Conduct.You warrant and agree that, while using the Web Site and the various services and features offered on or through the Web Site, you shall not: (a) impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity; (b) insert your own or a third party's advertising, branding or other promotional content into any of the Web Site's content,

There are many licensed electricians, plumbers, HVAC contractors, builders, and DIYer's that contribute freely to this forum all in a effort to help others none of whom use the forum for self promotion or profit. You are, in this case, using the forum to establish a new business. If you are so sure of the idea, then I would suggest you purchase advertising rights.
    As far as I'm concerned such conduct is spam because you are presenting unsolicited advertising to a large group of members.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by baghdadplumber View Post
    you can think what you want but in todays economy people need to be able to do things cheaper and if that means doing it themselves then it is a good thing if they can be directed on how to do it right instead of calling a plumber for upto $250.00/hr plus parts markup they can do it themselves with no parts markup and under $120.00/hr. So I dont see anything wrong with my idea and IT'S NOT SPAM
    Pure spam. Pure advetising for free on a forum where skilled folks who have given advice from the very tiny good part of their hearts have contributed for years.

Baghdadplumber? Your marketing strategy and even your handle sucks.......... Maybe ask yourself why anyone in the US would really give a crap about expert opinion from a plumber in Baghdad.

All I was looking for was some help with a problem, but it seems to have opened up a real mess. Does anyone else have any advice about the bolt problem? If not I'll have to discontinue the thread to stop the arguments! - Old Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tom View Post
    All I was looking for was some help with a problem, but it seems to have opened up a real mess. Does anyone else have any advice about the bolt problem? If not I'll have to discontinue the thread to stop the arguments! - Old Tom
    You were willing to pay for advice?

No arguments here other than facing blood suckers.