+ Reply to Thread

Default what the heck is this tool set for?

I just picked up this old tool set at an Estate Sale, and I have no idea what it is used for? It all appears to be stainless, and is in a nice dovetailed case. No markings or maker name on any of it. It is heavy, and well made. Any help would be appreciated, emai me if you need more pics. At first I thought maybe for a Piano, but doesnt look like any piano tools I could find? Thank You
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00048.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	2630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00044.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	2631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00045.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	2632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00046.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	2633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00047.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	2634  

Question Re: what the heck is this tool set for?

You sure have me stumped. I have a guess but probably I am wrong. Maybe medical tools? I remember once I was watching Antiques Roadshow and this guy came in with a bunch of tools and one of those tools included in the kit was a saw. The rest he didn't know what the heck he had. He was real surprised when the appraiser told him he had a field surgery kit that probably was used by a civil war doctor. Like I said I don't know what you have but have to agree with you that doesn't look like piano tuning tools. I remember watching a show once where someone was tuning a piano and don't remember seeing tools like that. Anyway good luck!

Default Re: what the heck is this tool set for?

Interesting. Just a guess would be tunning tools for a piano, harp, or organ.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb