+ Reply to Thread

Default Improvement financing

I purchased a 1890's Victorian on the west side of Colorado Springs 8 years ago. The plan at that time was to renovate the property. I have stripped several layers of old linoleum from the dining room floor, torn out the failing plaster in the same room, refinished the original woodwork, etc. For the past 20 years I have worked in El Paso County in the land development field as a planner. I was in the process of refinancing my house when I was laid off in January, now I am hoping to be able to keep it. Does anyone know of a financing source for the improvements. I would still like to get these done, prior to my balloon payment coming due in May. At that time I am planning on selling my house. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: Improvement financing

I am very familiar with that part of town and there are some very beautiful old homes in the area. Palmer planned the streets wide enough to turn around a wagon hitched to a team of horses and those streets are wide in that neighborhood. You can still really see Palmers lay-out from the top of Pikes Peak. I bought some original art from an artist who had her art work in a show at the Pioneer Museum and who lived down there in a funky, fun old Victorian. I am also familiar with the residential area west of I-25, some neat old houses there as well……… Van Briggle, now there is a place to buy pottery. I love that place!

http://www.vanbriggle.com/

(Sorry about the plug. But I love good quality art.)……………………..

I would guess that as a planner you know all about how Mr. Palmer envisioned the city.

Sorry to hear about your job. I work in construction management and we are beating our brains out on how to stay busy up here in Denver.

I guess, first, I would have a bunch of questions about the saleable value of the home against the loan. None of which is anyone’s business but yours.

I think I would start thinking “Out of the box” and would look at a great local residential contractor who would put up materials and labor against the sale and proceeds from the home when sold.

Is the work pretty much localized to the dining room floor and ceiling? I would not think it would cost much to get it to saleable condition if so.

Wish you all the best and know that there are a bunch still here at TOH who would love to help.
    Last edited by NEC; 07-14-2009 at 07:16 PM.