+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Wink Re: TOH Season DVD Sets?

I joined just to put in my 2 cents. I'd love to see TOH Season DVD Sets. I started watching the show in 1986. However, because the job I had at the time required quite a bit of international travel, I missed a number of episodes. Not only would I like to see the episodes that I missed, I would like to see some of the "early projects" again. My local PBS stations never rebroadcast projects that are more than a year old. In an earlier post I saw that projects used to be for sale at $50.00 per season but they didn't sell. I believe if they lowered the price a bit-say to $30.00 per season they would sell. Perhaps a portion of the proceeds could be donated to local PBS stations that are having trouble raising funds.

I hope somebody from This Old House Ventures sees these postings and makes the DVDS a reality.

Default Re: TOH Season DVD Sets?

I just don't get it! In this day and age, how is it possible that we (the public) can't access educational information (every This Old House episode!) that was originally broadcast on a PUBLIC BROADCASTING SERVICE (PBS!). DVDsPLEASE!!!

I have been wanting to purchase DVD's of TOH for many, many years. I have been watching the program since Steve Thomas was brought in. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any of the shows prior to his arrival and I would love to see all of them, in order, from the beginning. I've also been away for the past 2 years and have missed those shows.

So, please Mr. TOH-in-charge guy/gal, dude, dudette, whomever, please, please, please, please, please put TOH on DVD fer yer loyal fans...hum, how 'bout it, hum?!? Please, please, please?!?! Christmas is just around the corner and the DVD's would make a wonderful gift in my stocking. Or stockings!! I'll put two of them up if I have to!!

All I want fer Christmas is my TOH on DVD,
    TOH on DVD,
    TOH on DVD!!!

Thank you and have a nice day and say hi to Norm fer me! Thanks!

yuh - not gonna happen Sorry mate.

The only way to get these shows is to record them as they air - and in the case of us poor Aussies, we can host President Obama yet we can't get historical This Old House shows .... there is no justice!

Hi would love to have TOH on dvd
    seriph could you send me an e-mail
    I can't contact you as i need 15 posts
    andrewmachell at bigpond dot com

Awesome!!!!! Come on fans post your opinions. I have been mailing, and emailing This Old House for years now even back when it was just VHS. I would love to see all the seasons put on DVD, along with Ask This Old House. I own season one of Ask This Old House, but that is it since 2002 other than the best of disc. Bring on the Seasons please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would Love to watch the episodes of This Old House again, starting from the beginning.
    DVD would be easiest these days, of course, but I'd even work on getting ahold of a VHS player if I had to...

Quote Originally Posted by bunson134 View Post
    Awesome!!!!! Come on fans post your opinions. I have been mailing, and emailing This Old House for years now even back when it was just VHS. I would love to see all the seasons put on DVD, along with Ask This Old House. I own season one of Ask This Old House, but that is it since 2002 other than the best of disc. Bring on the Seasons please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES, YES, YES, YES. I registered specifically to reply to this. I have renovated not less than 9 homes and have recently retired. I've been looking for these DVDs to appear. I'd buy them ALL,

Advertise them on the show and they'd fly off the shelves.
    Last edited by dlinehan; 03-07-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Seriph....If Romney were to win I'm sure we'll get these!!!!!! LOL
    Last edited by dlinehan; 03-07-2012 at 07:31 AM.

And please, go back and put ALL of them on DVD. I specifically came here looking for video from the Acton House (1994). I taped it back then and was able to build my front entrance surround to the specs that Norm drew up for this house but what I was really interested in was viewing that tavern restoration that Steve visited!!!!

PLEASE...ALL OF THE EPISODES, NOT JUST THE RECENT ONES...even if we must endure Bob Vila's bad hair!! LOL
    Last edited by dlinehan; 03-07-2012 at 08:00 AM.