+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy 2015/2016 projects

It used to be that TOH announced new project houses almost as soon as construction starts with 3d floor plans in the magazine. Not anymore. Not a pip on the houses for the 2015/2016 season. Never mind those houses are likely to be progressing nicely.
    Will Pittenger

Default Re: 2015/2016 projects

Could be something to do with the fact that This Old House the TV show (and Ask TOH) and This Old House the magazine (and website) are separate products produced by different people. The products fall under the umbrella of This Old House Ventures, Inc. which is a subsidiary of Time, Inc. The magazine is produced as a publication of Time, Inc. from offices in New York City, while the show is produced by WGBH TV in Boston.

Historically there was more collaboration between the show and the magazine, but in recent years the magazine featured less content from the show (and its cast) than in the beginning.

Over the years, I've seen the magazine shift from being renovation-centric to more of an interior design magazine.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.