Hi all. I have a contractor who is installing almost $2500 worth of high-end laminate floating flooring over a concrete base in the entire downstairs of my condo. He has been working for 3 days now and is almost complete. However, now that it's almost done (mostly just edges now need to be completed), I can tell that when I walk over the floors there are some BIG dips when you walk over certain areas. Some of the dips aren't that bad, but there are a few areas which feel like they could crack the boards over time.

When I first interviewed him, I asked him about the uneven floors (because you could feel it in the carpet that was there before). He said that there was some self-leveling stuff you could buy to pour down. However, when he was installing it, I asked him about leveling the floors and he said it was OK because of the fact that it was floating floors and it would just naturally bend over the dips.

At first I was OK, because it felt soft like a basketball court or something, but now I think there are some unacceptable areas. They go down almost an inch. I haven't paid him yet. I also don't want to screw him over, but nor do I want him to screw me over. He's a nice enough guy, and I haven't even paid him yet (the job is to be done tomorrow).

What should I do? What is appropriate of me to ask him to do? After all, I don't know if you _can_ pull up the floors to level them now without destroying the snap-in boards. BTW, they're snap-in, and there's no glue or nails.

Thanks,
Mark