+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wood drawers

Default wood drawers

How do I make all wood drawers (in old wood cabinet) slide in and out easily?

Default Re: wood drawers

If the drawers are painted remove the built up paint. depending on how the drawers were made can replace the slides etc....

There are no slides, it is wood on wood. I will be removing the old paint and repainting. any other ideas?

Install nylon guides to the back edge of the drawer and the front bottom edge of the opening.

You're looking for the "L" shaped pieces like in the upper right corner of this image.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Wink Re: wood drawers

Another solution is a product called "Slipit". You can get it at Rockler.com, woodcraft.com and Mcfeelys.com. It is great for just about anything you want to slide.

Calcats

If you have a block of paraffin wax try rubbing the drawer bottom and the inside surface it slides on with it. I've had good luck with that.

If you don't have a block of paraffin you can rub an old candle or even bar soap on the slide areas as a lubricant.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb