I have a 16X9 gabled porch that has started falling apart, ie settling. There is a large crack the full width, and the entire slab has begun to slope towards the house which has caused a drainage problem. IS there any way to fix this without tearing it all out and pouring a new slab? Could brick be involved?

Looked into mud jacking but it costs essentially the same to have it jacked out and re poured.

Since I want to cover it with brick is there a possibility of pouring a thin layer of cement to level the surface. Then adhere the bricks on top???

I know thin layers of cement have a tendency to crack but how thin can I go?


out of ideas

P.S i have loads of pictures if that would help!