+ Reply to Thread

Default leveling an installed floating floor

My dad and I just installed a bamboo hardwood click floating floor. We have one piece to go and realized that there is a 5' by 5' foot area (the total room is only 105 sq ft) that moves up and down when you walk on it.If you press on one board you can see 2 or 3 boards attached to it move.

It's a newer house and we thought the floor was level all around. I'm not sure if the problem is the floor or if it's possible that a couple of the click floor boards were somewhat warped. Any advice on the easiest way to fix this problem?

Thanks,
    Mike S

Default Re: leveling an installed floating floor

Because this is a floating floor, you will see some flex as you walk across it due to the padding underneath. Are you certain that it's a floor problem and not natural flex?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks for the quick reply. As I said, I'm not sure if it's the sub floor, or that the new boards that are warped. Half of the new floor seems to be perfect (i.e. you can't see any movement and feels just like a regular hardwoood floor). We're having people over very soon and our house is a disaster, so I thought I see if I can get some expert advice before doing anything.

Thx,

Mike S

The best thing to do is get out a level. If it rocks on that on spot it's the boards. If it has a dip under it then it's the floor and you can shim under these floors with paper or whatever the product the under layment is.

Did you check the manufacturers website. They will tell you how little to cut the shim(s)
    Debby in Oklahoma