+ Reply to Thread

Default rehanging sliding closet doors

I have been trying to rehang some old-fashioned sliding closet doors, but can't get them to stay up on the tracks. From what I've read on-line they should just tilt in and stay on with gravity They have been sitting in my basement for a year and may be slightly warped. What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: rehanging sliding closet doors

When do they fall off?
    If they aren't hung square to the jambs are they falling of when they hit that jamb unevenly?

Angry Re: rehanging sliding closet doors

The doors come off as soon as I put them up. These are supposed to be the simplist closet doors to rehang, because you just tilt the door towards you, pop the wheels up on the tracks, and they stay on because of gravity. I do all that, but almost as soon as the wheels are on the tracks, they pop off, down hard, comes the door. The jambs haven't changed, nor do I think have the doors.

Could be that you aren't getting the wheels all the way into the track before swinging the doors back inward. On ours you have to have the doors really tilted to get the wheels to seat in the track.

Or the wheels don't match the track, or the track has been bent.

If you have a helper have them stand in the closet and watch the wheel/track junction closely when you mount the door and when you swing it in toward the closet to see what is happening.

If you don't have a helper, simply take one of the wheel assemblies off the door and place it into the track to see if it fits correctly.

In addition to what BP said, if the track is loose, it can flex and allow the doors to pop off.

As was suggested, I suspect that you are not engaging the wheels into the track properly. Try tilting at more of an angle and having a helper to assist.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!