+ Reply to Thread

Thread: basement floor

Default basement floor

I have a basement floor approx 2 1/2 years old after it was poured i asked the guys who poured it when i could apply epoxy coat. They said do not use epoxy coat but rather a sealer. The product that I applied was Harris Kurseal emulsion 309. I use this area as a shop and I do alot of grease and mechanical work and want to apply a protective coating such as epoxy but they now say that I can not do that do to the sealer applied.I am trying to find out a way to get something on the floor or any ideas that I may try.

Default Re: basement floor

I am wondering why would you need to apply anything to the floor if you are not going to finish it.
    In cases like yours, the norm is to just let the slab breath.
    Unless of course you have a leak or bad seepage, in which case you are better of correcting the drainage problem with drain tile and sump pump.
    Sealants and waterproofing coats are not made to withstand hydrostatic pressure resulting from faulty foundation drainage. They tend to peel off.
    If the basement is too damp and there is a lot of condensation, a dehumidifier will help.