+ Reply to Thread

Default You know what this website needs?

A tile expert of some kind.

Seriously, I'm surprised by the lack of both amateur opinions here on the Forums, as well as the lack of tile-related articles.
    Not that I'm complaining to anyone at all, I'm just genuinely surprised.

Anywho... I'm trying to figure the most effective way to remove grout haze and effloresence from my new tile. Anybody got any opinions on the distilled-vinegar trick vs. sulfamic or glycolic acid?

Default Re: You know what this website needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    A tile expert of some kind.

Seriously, I'm surprised by the lack of both amateur opinions here on the Forums, as well as the lack of tile-related articles.
    Not that I'm complaining to anyone at all, I'm just genuinely surprised.

Anywho... I'm trying to figure the most effective way to remove grout haze and effloresence from my new tile. Anybody got any opinions on the distilled-vinegar trick vs. sulfamic or glycolic acid?
    I'd just try them all and post what you think...... Then you can contribute to others with an informed opinion. Kind of a give rather than take thing........ A perfect opportunity to be well on your way to being a contributor.

You mean something along the lines of:

"I tried tried the 50/50 vinegar solution and it didn't work. Then I tried the sulfamic acid; it bleached the color of my tiles as well as ate away at the grout. I'm currently chipping up all of the tile and trying to sc**** together another few hundred dollars to replace the special-order tile. Not so coincidentally, my wife packed up and moved into the Hilton; unsure if or when she's coming back."

Just kidding, pal. I'm more than happy to give my opinion about things I have experience with, but I'm not looking to be a guinea-pig.

I was just blowing off some steam regarding the lack of tile-advice here. Nothing serious, and I apologize if I came off more "angered" than I intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    Not so coincidentally, my wife packed up and moved into the Hilton; unsure if or when she's coming back."
    The more important question is whether you see this as a "glass half empty" or a "glass half full" kind of thing.

Sorry, can't help with your question as I don't like tile, so I don't do tile.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    ...I don't like tile, so I don't do tile.
    I'm starting to fall into that line of thinking myself...

Whenever I come across a tiling question I usually point folks to the www.johnbridge.com website. I am no tile expert either and I do my research there before starting any of my small infrequent projects. I find the people there to be very helpful.

Hex,

I like your sense of humor.
    Sorry to hear about the tile disaster and the extra cost...

Looks like BP may have provided a great resource and link to a tile forum.

I'm a tile hater as well. Bathroom, possibly. Kitchen, not again.