+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Green options - what gives the biggest return on investment?

Just thought of a great one a solar tube sky lite. If you insulate the tube and place it so it gets plenty of sun exposure using just daylight to light your room. We turned a pitch black sewing room into the brightest room in the house....
    Any an all of my comments are just my opinion and not to be confused with facts.

When using green technology for your house you have the opportunity to have long term plan investment. You will not be able to see the changes right away but you will realize the positive effect after a period of time.

When we built our home; a special type of insulation was recommended as well as variable speed HVAC systems on each floor.

I think the more you can do to insulate your home such as blackout curtains and those diamond blinds which we also implemented can be very easy to use.

Also, coatings on sun-facing windows are a good idea. I don't think the changes have to be dramatic to offer bigger ROI. What about adding faucet diffusers, controls on your thermostats etc. I mean it depends on how energy efficient your home is now vs. how you can just keep making little improvements.

Just my opinion.