+ Reply to Thread

Default My 100th post...on a porch?

Well kinda...being its my 100th post and and us carps put posts on porches I thought I should celebrate my 100th post with a porch joke

Paris decided to go to the nicer, richer neighborhoods around town and look for odd jobs as the judge ordered her to do. The first house she came to, a man answered the door and told PAris, "Yeah, I have a job for ya. How would you like to paint the porch?"
    "Sure that sounds great!" said Paris.
    "Well, uh, how much do you want?" asked the man.
    "Is fifty bucks okay?" PAris asked.
    "Yeah that's great. You'll find the paint and other things you'll need in the garage."
    The man went back into his house to his wife, who had been listening. "Fifty bucks! Does she know the porch goes all the way around the house?" his wife asked.
    "Well, she must, she was standing right on it!" her husband replied.
    A short time later, PAris knocked on the door. "I'm all finished," she told the man.
    He was amazed. "You painted the whole porch?"
    "Yeah,"Paris replied, "I even had some paint left, so I put on two coats!" The man reached into his wallet to pay her.
    "Oh, by the way," PAris said helpfully, "that's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari."
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

Default Re: My 100th post...on a porch?

Welcome to the 100 club

Heard that one.

Nice twist using Paris.

And you're only up to 100? You're such a slacker!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Nice twist using Paris.

And you're only up to 100? You're such a slacker!
    Yeh, well I've heard the joke before so I thought I'd punch it up a hair and use Paris' name since she probably's heard of Porches...lol.
    And yeh...I know..only a hundred posts...back at Fine homebuilding's Breaktime Eorum where I'm taking a good long hiatus from I probably have upwards somewhere near 20,000 posts (really). I felt that was getting out of hand so I jumped ship and became a country boy and drove over to this neck of the woods.
    You can even see in my website I held a Fine Homebuilding Fest at my house that about 50 people from all over the country came to.
    I hate feeling addicted to anything so here I am
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

Just think of it this way, if you didn't have all these forums to distract you, all you'd do is work, how much fun would that be?

Besides, all work and no play makes Andy a dull boy.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Just think of it this way, if you didn't have all these forums to distract you, all you'd do is work, how much fun would that be?

Besides, all work and no play makes Andy a dull boy.

Well I kinda sorta did this for fun instead of going on line for once in my life...lol. Actually its more than just for fun even if I did enjoy doing it.
    I'm pretty much done with it now...or should I say...for now?
    I put a sheet of 1/4" luan over that rubber rug runner I used for the bed just to keep it protected a bit better sliding things in and out.
    I also laid a piece of scrap luan in there that was a left over
    rip (12"x8') that I flip up onto the face of the cabs when I go to slide sheet goods in there to protect the cabs (for as long as possible...lol)
    I figure it "might" help me become more organized and careful loading and unloading my truck for once in my life instead of throwing sh## in there all the time....Think it'll work?
    How many carps you know of that now keeps a can of furnature polish in their tool bag...LOLOL...Heyyyyyy, took me a long time to make those cabs...prolly' take me a whhhhhhhoooole lot less time f'n them up...lol

So now I have my rig all set up...sign back out...kinda all dressed up and lookin' for a good party
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	van complete-ish.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	van fini'.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sign frame.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	206  
    Last edited by andybuildz; 09-22-2007 at 10:59 PM.
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו