+ Reply to Thread

Default shower base leak

yes, i have a shower base that has 2 cracks in the base. I would like to keep the water within the unit and of course use the drain. I went to Home Depot and they have a liner that you put under the shower ?????I don't understand how this is a solution to my problem. The water would still end up in the basement floor. The application for the so called liner is a sheet of heavy plastic which is gray in color, which color is fine with me. Shower unit is to be totally removed, then liner installed under the base unit.If i were to remove shower, why would i want to put this liner down on the floor and then set the old shower back into place. Doesnot solve my problem. Does anybody have an idea to cement something into the shower base as an alternative. Thank You

Default Re: shower base leak

Time to replace the base, I'm not sure why you would want to re use a base with cracks. Set the new base in mortar therefore it wont be able to flex and crack.

Thanks for your thread Shaun. I am an Apartment house owner. Shower base had foam under the base as many of my other showers have. Taking out the shower means shuting down the apartment. Looking for a fast and easy way to repair something that i know can be repaired without removal. The product is out their, just can't find the proper connection. Thanks for your input. Bruce

are you wanting to repair the cracks? i would recommend a 2 part epoxy.
    HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL!

Oklahoma City, OK

thanks for the input cj i will give this some thought. have a good one.