+ Reply to Thread

Default Staple gun recommendations?

I'm trying to replace an older electric staple gun that has given me fits for years. It constantly jams and did a lousy job of fully setting staples. I want to buy the opposite now: one that will work flawlessly. I see that many models now also do brads and that might also be nice but is not a major requirement of mine. Any suggestions and/or personal experiences with a particular brand/model would be helpful. I have been leaning towards Sears Craftsman but with no particular knowledge of their electric staple gun performance history (and the salesperson couldn't provide me with that either). Thanks!

Default Re: Staple gun recommendations?

Of course, the terrible one I've had all these years is a Stanley. Electric, though.

I don't have, or plan to buy, an air compressor so does anyone else have experience with the other 2 options: electric or spring-loaded? Thanks.

It would be helpful to know the intended use.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I can only describe the use that I next intend to use it for but I would expect that a stapler that performs as most manufacturers describe they do, would perform well in many types of uses. As I tried to relay in my initial post, the one I have works terribly under all conditions.

That said, I plan to staple a medium gage wire mesh to pine 2x4s. Nothing fancy. Nothing difficult (in my opinion). But, yet, a nightmare using my current unit.

I'm just looking for a stapler (what I assume would be electric) that maybe has adjustable driving force, so I can set it for the job at hand, that doesn't jam or let staples fly out of the staple "chamber" when I fire it. Is that asking a lot?

Duo Fast makes the only worthy electric staple guns out there.
    They are pricey, and don't use the common stapler staples (T-50)you will find at the average hardware store.

Link
    Duo Fast electric staplers

Nailgundepot stocks the Duofast EWC-5018A which is a 1/2" crown, 20 gauge general purpose stapler that will shoot 5/32" to 9/16" staples

Duo Fast also offers some very well made manual staplers,(with depth of drive adjustments) one of which I believe will handle the common T-50 staples

If your not willing to spend $200 on a stapler you may be satisfied with one of Arrow's more moderately priced options, They do work acceptably but are usually not that long lived.

Life is too short as it is. Buy a pancake air compressor and a pneumatic staple gun.

Life is too short as it is. Buy a pancake air compressor
    When was the last time you used an pneumatic sander, drill,or saw with a pancake compressor?

Sometimes it is easier to just use a corded tool. Extension cords are a lot lighter than compressors.

Oh, and I should have mentioned the Makita cordless stapler also.

Makita BST221