+ Reply to Thread

Default Wiring Flushmount Light Fixture

I've got a new flushmount light fixture that I'm having trouble wiring up to the ceiling electrical box. From the box, there are two pairs of blacks and whites, ie: four wires total, two blacks and two whites. The light fixture has two bulbs and therefore also two pairs of blacks and white, again four overall, plus a ground. The light is controlled by a single switch, that doesn't control anything else. This should be simple, but I've tried everything, please help.

Default Re: Wiring Flushmount Light Fixture

Just a guess.
    One set of black and white wires is the power feed the other is to the switch. You will need to find out which has power. Once you know which has power connect the black lead to the white wire going to the switch, mark or tape that white wire black. You now have a white wire from the power source and the black wire from the switch. Connect the white wire to the two white wires from the light and the black wire to the two black wires from the light.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Mr. McDaniel,

I can't thank you enough. It worked perfectly. Nothing else to say but thank you.

You are quite welcome and I hope you continue as an active member.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb