+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stained grout

Default Stained grout

I have about 1500 sq ft of 12x12 floor tile in my house. It was by a previous owner so I don't know how the grout was treated. The grout is a light gray (Portland color). The grout in the traffic paths has darkened and there are darkened stains. I would not mind darkening all the grout but would like it even and then seal it. I would steam clean it and seal it but I am afraid the stains will seep back from deeper in the grout. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: Stained grout

I am sorry that I don't have the experience to answer your question, but I was wondering how do you steam clean grout and does it work? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by aabb View Post
    I am sorry that I don't have the experience to answer your question, but I was wondering how do you steam clean grout and does it work? Thanks.
    The guy who steam cleans our carpet has an attachment. Uses the same "steam" (hot water) and a detergent.

You could simply regrout and not worry about it. There are manual sc****rs and electric grout sc****rs so of course I would advise an electric one for this project but of course you should only need to regrout high traffic areas to make things easier.

Of course this is only an option but i've never tried steam cleaning grout.