+ Reply to Thread

Default Rotten wood floor

A new home builder installed a wooden floor in my master bedroom and hallway in Jan. 2004 in my home built in the sixties. It was Hartco, Beaumont Plank that he glued down to the slab. No moisture protection. No othe floors, tile or carpet have problem. Rotten boards are not against exterior walls, nor do I know of any water problem. He wanted to get into remodeling and was family of a friend of mine. This year many of the boards in the hallway have turned black, as well as some in an area in the bedroom. I have been advised that there probably should have been a moisture barrier test What are my options with regard to remedying the floor? Would the standard 5 years ago have been to test moisture in slab in old house before laying wood floor? I live in Houston, Texas. Appreciate comments. Expensive to replace floor, and I am retired and fixed income. Perplexed.

Default Re: Rotten wood floor

I'd get the guy that installed it and say, "Hey! What is up with your install. Look at this carpet and other floors. No problem there." Please fix it.