+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation garage floor sweats

My garage floor sweats bigtime when the outside humidity gets high no water is under the floor. Floor is solid wet with water How do I fix this problem..I run a small humidifier but it can't keep up.

Default Re: garage floor sweats

I'm not sure where you are located but I have the same problem. I'm in Kansas City, MO. and I'm not sure what to do about the sweating that occurs on my floor.

If you find a solution though, let me know.

The way condensation works is warm moist air condenses on cooler surfaces. If your problems are due to humidity, then simply getting air circulation in the garage will help greatly. Leave the roll up door cracked a couple inches, with the side door open when your home. Set up a fan to circulate the air around the floor. You could even install vents around the perimeter near the floor and power vents in the roof to get more airflow through the garage.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Yes, an exhaust fan should work, build at high elevation to suck out the heat from air, or build low to suck out the cold - unless there is snow. Then concrete will be cold.