+ Reply to Thread

Arrow Excessive water bill- suspect water heater?

We were told by the water company to check out running toilets (leaking continually). We shut one off upstairs not being used but we still have water loss somewhere. I suspect the water heater in the basement. There seems to be a lot of noise coming from the drain off the water heater that goes into the floor drain (I think it's for condensation but sounds too busy). What kinds of water heater issues could cause this? Am I looking the right direction?
    Dave

Default Re: Excessive water bill- suspect water heater?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveHardwick View Post
    We were told by the water company to check out running toilets (leaking continually). We shut one off upstairs not being used but we still have water loss somewhere. I suspect the water heater in the basement. There seems to be a lot of noise coming from the drain off the water heater that goes into the floor drain (I think it's for condensation but sounds too busy). What kinds of water heater issues could cause this? Am I looking the right direction?
    Dave
    If it's coming out of the T&P valve on the water heater, it's either a bad valve, the water heater is too hot, or the incoming water pressure is too high.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!